Meeting room of Ivane Javakhishvili institute of History and Ethnology of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Scientific Conference for the 20th Anniversary of Restoration of Georgian State Independence
Regulation: Report – 15 minute; Debate – 10 minute.
Monday, June 13, 11hr.
Conference Opening – Vazha Kiknadze
Welcome Speech – Avtandil Songhulashvili
Chairman of the meeting – Vazha Kiknadze
1. George Kavtaradze – The Geopolitical Importance of the Caucasus through diachronic slot.
2. Eka Avaliani – For the Transcaucasian Military Colonization of Urartu.
3. Vakhtang Goiladze – When Sarmatian world was named as Alaneti?
4. Temo Jojua – Life of St. Ilarion Kartveli in the Garedjian mountains.
5. Natia Abashidze – The will of God and the natural course of events in the memories and chronicles of 4th crusades.
Break – 15 min.
6. Papuna Gabisonia – The issue of Batumi, according to the newly published Italian documents of 15th century.
7. Temo Jojua – The last will of the "Ttueni” (Sh-5227) rewritten in 1519 by the order of Teimuraz Mukhranbatoni and the side-note made in 1538 on the same book.
8. David Merkviladze – Newly discovered letters of Queen Mariam and Ekvtime Gaenateli.
9. Giorgi Gotsiridze – On paid marriage again (Mistake, which should be corrected).
10. David Tchitanava – Cult of bull and "Kuruli” in the Kartvelian tribes.
Tuesday, 14 June, 11 hr.
Chairman of the meeting – Dodo Tchumburidze
1. Mzia Tkavashvili – For the political portrait of Heir Leon son of Julon.
2. Giorgi (Gela) Saitidze – Archpriest David Ghambashidze as Religious and Secular Figure.
3. Nikoloz Javakhishvili – Georgian-Lithuanian Relationships during the 1900-1920 years.
4. Gia Gelashvili – Several letters of Varlam and Frida Tcherkezishvili to Oliver Wardrope.
5. Correspondence of Catholicos-Patriarch Kirion II and Archpriest Joseph Chijavadze (according on the unpublished archival letters).
Break – 15 min.
6. Jemal Gamakharia – Church Congress in Abkhazia (24-27 May, 1917).
7. Irina Arabidze – Renovation movement in the Russian Church during the 1920-es of 20th Century.
8. Rusudan Daushvili – Cultural-elucidative work of Georgian emigrants in Paris during the 1920-1930 years.
9. Shorena Murusidze – Matter of establishing the "National Center” for emigrants (1949-1951 years).
10. Shalva Gloveli – New funds of scientific library of Ivane Javakhishvili Institute of History and Ethnology.
Wednesday, 15 June, 11 hr.
Chairman of the Meeting – Avtandil Songulashvil
1. Jemal Gakhokidze – Legal aspects of recognition of the "independence” of Abkhazia and s. c. South Ossetia.
2. Teimuraz Gvanceladze – Some aspects of Abkhazian identity.
3. Omar Ardashelia – Russian Military Projects in 19th Century for the West Caucasian Occupation.
4. Lia Akhaladze – Occupation, Annexation, Cultural Genocide (Results of Occupation of Abkhazia).
5. Bezhan Khorava – Ethnical and Demographical processes in Abkhazia during the 19th and 20th centuries.
6. Zaza Tsurtsumia – Organizations of Abkhazian Diaspora in Turkey.
Break – 15 min.
7. Merab Gvaramia – Evaluation of Ethnocide in Abkhazia during the 1992-2008 years according on international law.
8. Dodo Tchumburidze – Imperialistic Policy of Russia and Georgian Collaboration (19th-20th cc).
9. Shota Vadachkoria – Soviet occupation of Georgia and the struggle of Ossetian separatists in Middle Kartli for expansion the areas of influence.
10. Giorgi Tcheishvili – From "Ossetia” to "South Ossetia”.
11. Lela Saralidze – About the borders of s. c. "South Ossetian” autonomous region (1921-1922 years).
12. Dazmir Jojua – War between Georgia and Russia during the August 2008 and its results.